What to see
Among the most important sights of the island are the churches and temples that date mainly between the 17th and 18th centuries. The most prominent churches of the town are:
- Sacred Monastery of Faneromeni
It is a historical monastery that comprises the religious center of the island. The Faneromeni Virgin is the protector and patron saint of the island and its celebration in June is one of the most impressive on the island.
- The Church of Agios Spyridon
- The Church of Pantokrator
- The Church of Agios Minas
- The Church of Panagia ton Xenon